The Beginners Guide to Hosting for WordPress on HostGator
Hosting for WordPress on hostgator is a simple and quick process. In fact, five minutes after you have paid your subscription fee, you can immediately get your page up and running. Even so, several users are having problems in navigating through their HostGator control panels. This is especially true for those who are not IT experts. To solve this problem, this article will give you a step-by-step guide on how to successfully get your WordPress blogs hosted on HostGator. After reading this article, you will know why HostGator is the best web host for WordPress in 2012.
As said earlier, you can start hosting through HostGator right after you have paid for your subscription fees. You can do this by checking the email address you have provided. The email will have a welcome note and a link that will bring you to your control panel. Simply click on the link provided and you are on your way to the next step.
Upon getting into the control panel, you will see several icons that have specific functions. For this guide though, the one that you need to take a look at is the blue smiley icon that says ‘Fantastico de Luxe.’ Click on this icon, and you should see another window. This window will have a list of programs on its left portion. Scroll down through this list of programs and you should see there the WordPress item.
You would then need to scroll down on the right portion of the page until you find the button called ‘New Installation.’ Click on it and it should pop up another window. On this screen, you will be able to see a drop down list of domains provided by HostGator and as well as an ‘Install on Domain.’ In the lower section of the window, you will see a box called ‘Directory.’ This is button is essential if you want to build multiple websites within a domain. For example, if your website has a ‘sales’ section into it, you will need to put in the word ‘sales’ in the directory. In effect, the URL that you will get will look something like, “yourdomainname.com/sales.” If you just want to build a single website, leave this section blank.
After choosing a domain that will host your website, you just have to provide the information needed. The Admin Access Data is the details that you need to login into WordPress. Base Configuration is your name, which could be your real name or not. And finally, you will need to fill out your email information. After that, click on ‘Install WordPress’ and click on the next set of buttons to complete the installation. You can now type your URL on a browser and it should bring you to a login screen. You have now installed HostGator!
The steps on hosting for WordPress on hostgator are very easy to follow because they are meant to be user-friendly. This makes them the best web host for WordPress in 2012, besting out several web hosting companies today. If you still cannot get the hang of HostGator, you can also call their number or visit their forums and ask your questions there.
Use our coupon code "NOVEMBER" when checking out and get 10% off of our already low prices on any service. We have extended this coupon code to work ALL OF NOVEMBER. Use it when you are checking out on any purchase and receive an additional 10% off our already low prices, it's that easy.
- Joint Relief Solution Responsive WordPress Theme
- 2 FREE WordPress Themes for Diet and Weight Loss Websites
- 9 FREE WordPress Themes for Affiliate Marketing Promotion
- 19 Blog Headers for Affiliate Marketing Promotion
- 3 WordPress Themes for Adiphene Affiliates
- Green Coffee Bean MAX WordPress Theme
- Adiphene Weight Loss WordPress Theme
- Elegant Themes and Bluehost Hosting For a Premium WordPress Website
- A Closer Look At Jobroller And Its Features
- “Vision” The Amazing Visual Shortcode Plugin for WordPress
- Domain Genius Gives You the Power to Find, Buy and Sell Domain Names
- Instant Instagram Profits – Instant Cash!
- Up Your Sale Plugin – WP coupon which will blow up your sales!
- WP Tune Up Kit Premium WordPress Plugin
- Elf Links WordPress Plugin: Hide your Affiliate Sites and Get Better Rank
- WordPress 3.6 Beta 3 May 11, 2013WordPress 3.6 Beta 3 is now available! This is software still in development and we really don’t recommend that you run it on a production site — set up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 3.6, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip). Beta […] […]