Comparing Traditional Blog and Magazine-Layout Themes Designed by Elegant Themes
It is evident that if you search all the most popular and highly favored WordPress sites today, you will be amazed that all of them have gone beyond the basic blog design. All of them have started using and managing their site through a magazine-layout theme, some of which, are those designed by Elegant Themes.
Is a magazine-layout theme the best choice for you? Or, how and when can you use a magazine-layout theme designed by Elegant Themes? Remember that there is no single theme, no matter how popular or favored it is, that can fit all blogging solutions and scenarios.
First, a magazine theme is highly visitor-friendly. A traditional blog is more content-focused and not often user-friendly.
A magazine theme does not immediately present the full post. It will only present the most eye-catching to help the reader in easily finding out whether the post interests them or not. Such headlines or excerpts found in a magazine theme are not found in a traditional blog theme. A traditional blog displays a full post or more in just one page of the blog.
Thus, a magazine theme allows the homepage to serve as an initial portal to various pages of the rest of the site. As mentioned above, the reader or visitor of the site can easily identify the totality of the site. After viewing the homepage of the site, the visitor can then click on images, text, videos, and other visuals that highly interest them.
The magazine theme designed by Elegant Themes allows the visitor to sort the content of the site on their own. This means that they can go in whatever flow with regards to viewing and reading content. Compared to this, the traditional blog simply presents the most recent post and there is a tendency for the reader or visitor to get lost in surfing the site because they may not know which to look for and how to surf the site.
The magazine-layout theme does not feature anymore the traditional sidebars. The sidebars are now replaced with thumbnails, post excerpts, and a minimal list of categories of posts or titles of recent posts.
The trend towards favoring and using the magazine-layout theme has occurred because developers and site owners want to improve site usability. They are constantly searching for better presentation and organization of posts in the site.
You must have also noticed that what works in websites in the past year is an inclusion of the blog section. Thus, WordPress which has a full-fledged content management system with all its regular upgrades and revamps is now among those tools that helped blur the traditional separation of a website and a blog. Therefore, developers and editors must have a theme designed by Elegant Themes that goes beyond the traditional blog style.
Obviously, the magazine-layout theme is an effort to improve the look and feel of a blog. Blogs had been a major turn-off due to visually unappealing layout and organization of posts.
Further, as the blog looks more like a magazine now, the authors of the blog are no longer composed of two or three personalities. Using a magazine-layout theme means having more posts.
Use our coupon code "NOVEMBER" when checking out and get 10% off of our already low prices on any service. We have extended this coupon code to work ALL OF NOVEMBER. Use it when you are checking out on any purchase and receive an additional 10% off our already low prices, it's that easy.
- Joint Relief Solution Responsive WordPress Theme
- 2 FREE WordPress Themes for Diet and Weight Loss Websites
- 9 FREE WordPress Themes for Affiliate Marketing Promotion
- 19 Blog Headers for Affiliate Marketing Promotion
- 3 WordPress Themes for Adiphene Affiliates
- Green Coffee Bean MAX WordPress Theme
- Adiphene Weight Loss WordPress Theme
- Elegant Themes and Bluehost Hosting For a Premium WordPress Website
- A Closer Look At Jobroller And Its Features
- “Vision” The Amazing Visual Shortcode Plugin for WordPress
- Domain Genius Gives You the Power to Find, Buy and Sell Domain Names
- Instant Instagram Profits – Instant Cash!
- Up Your Sale Plugin – WP coupon which will blow up your sales!
- WP Tune Up Kit Premium WordPress Plugin
- Elf Links WordPress Plugin: Hide your Affiliate Sites and Get Better Rank
- WordPress 3.6 Beta 3 May 11, 2013WordPress 3.6 Beta 3 is now available! This is software still in development and we really don’t recommend that you run it on a production site — set up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 3.6, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip). Beta […] […]