Compare Hosting Providers – HostGator vs BlueHost
If you are currently choosing between HostGator and BlueHost, you have to be informed about the simple comparisons regarding their performance, features, and customer support. Once you have made this comparison, it will be easier for you to decide which among these two services are best for hosting your own site. Here are some of the pros and cons associated with the use of BlueHost and HostGator services.
BlueHost an overview
BlueHost already has a long history in the industry of web hosting. Since 1996, they have already offered one-size-fits all hosting plans as well as other tools needed for creating websites. It claims to have already hosted over 630,000 domains and they have also recently added a drop-and-drag site builder to their system. Known for their distinguished technology and improved customer support, they know what it takes to turn your e-commerce website into a huge success.
HostGator an overview
HostGator is known for delivering reliable web hosting services and fast servers through their friendly and helpful customer service representatives. Since they launched their services back in 2002, they quickly emerged as one of the biggest web hosting companies across the globe. Today, they have become the home of over a million websites even though they are relatively new in the field of web hosting. This is probably the main reason why HostGator easily earned the trust of webmasters and online entrepreneurs alike.
BlueHost vs. HostGator
HostGator and BlueHost are two of the most reputable web hosting companies in the industry. However, they also have their own pros and cons so you have to weigh them before making your final decision. When it comes to the features they offer, they can give you fully functional cPanel accounts, FTP accounts, and email accounts. They only differ in terms of the services they offer. While BlueHost only offers accounts for shared hosting, HostGator provides extensive services for those who are in need of dedicated or reseller accounts.
When it comes to their uptime guarantees, HostGator also stands out because of its impressive uptime performance. With its 99.9% uptime guarantee, you are entitled to cancel your subscription and get a pro-rated refund if ever you were not satisfied with their services. If HostGator fails to deliver its promises, you will receive a refund with no questions asked. Both of these companies also provide a 30-day money back guarantee so you can easily ask for a refund if ever you were not satisfied with the hosting experience they provide.
The pricing used for HostGator services is simple and straightforward. While their shared plans range from $4 to $14 per month, their reseller plans usually cost $24 to $99 per month. Their dedicated servers range from $174 to $374 per month and all of their hosting plans do not require setup fees. On the other hand, you may have to do some digging before you find out the pricing for BlueHost services. They only offer a shared hosting plan and they will also require you to succumb to a 1-year commitment.
Finally, HostGator also takes pride of its award-winning customer support. According to some reviews, HostGator representatives seem more confident and knowledgeable about their answers than BlueHost representatives. In addition, BlueHost does not send tickets so you will need to use their web-based interface before you can report your issues and concerns. This interface can be quite confusing because it provides lots of categories.
When it comes to discounts and freebies, HostGator also has an edge over BlueHost. While the latter only offer $75 worth of free credits on Google Adwords, the former can give you as much as $100 advertising credits. HostGator also sweetens the deal by providing coupons and promo codes that you can use to stretch your dollar further.
As you can see, BlueHost and HostGator are reputable companies that can give you everything you will ever need to create a full-blown e-commerce website. However, the latter has more limits than the former so you have to consider subscribing to HostGator services if you want your site to reach the peak of its success.
Use our coupon code "NOVEMBER" when checking out and get 10% off of our already low prices on any service. We have extended this coupon code to work ALL OF NOVEMBER. Use it when you are checking out on any purchase and receive an additional 10% off our already low prices, it's that easy.
- Joint Relief Solution Responsive WordPress Theme
- 2 FREE WordPress Themes for Diet and Weight Loss Websites
- 9 FREE WordPress Themes for Affiliate Marketing Promotion
- 19 Blog Headers for Affiliate Marketing Promotion
- 3 WordPress Themes for Adiphene Affiliates
- Green Coffee Bean MAX WordPress Theme
- Adiphene Weight Loss WordPress Theme
- Elegant Themes and Bluehost Hosting For a Premium WordPress Website
- A Closer Look At Jobroller And Its Features
- “Vision” The Amazing Visual Shortcode Plugin for WordPress
- Domain Genius Gives You the Power to Find, Buy and Sell Domain Names
- Instant Instagram Profits – Instant Cash!
- Up Your Sale Plugin – WP coupon which will blow up your sales!
- WP Tune Up Kit Premium WordPress Plugin
- Elf Links WordPress Plugin: Hide your Affiliate Sites and Get Better Rank
- WordPress 3.6 Beta 3 May 11, 2013WordPress 3.6 Beta 3 is now available! This is software still in development and we really don’t recommend that you run it on a production site — set up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 3.6, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”). Or you can download the beta here (zip). Beta […] […]